Our Initiative’s During Covid
The Covid 19 pandemic’s devastating effect has been magnified manifold for the resource-poor. Our need-based relief response has,
- Relief distribution covered total 3000 families at Sangli and Kolhapur in 2019
- 1400 Dignity Kits distributed to the women in 14 villages of Dist. Kolhapur & Sangli.
- 400 Nutrition kits provided to the pregnant women
- 2000 House items kits distributed
- 262 Anganwadi’s Kitchen set, Copper Filter, Mat, Carpet distributed in Dist. Kolhapur and Sangli.
- 4000 students distributed School Educational Kits in Dist. Kolhapur & Sangli.
- Shelter Kits distributed Tin & Pipe, Door & Door frame, Kitchen set, winter cloth, distributed to 410 families.
- Constructed Toilets at ZP school in five villages.
- COVID-19 ‘Rahat Kits’ Distributed Food & Hygiene items.
- Hygiene promotion campaign through street-play, wall painting & awareness.
- Livelihood Training provided on Nutrition Kitchen Garden, Dairy, Goat Rearing, Poultry etc. & seeds distributed for the Nutrition Kitchen Garden process.
- Training provided on “Disaster and Risk Reduction Management in 14 villages & “Rescue Equipments” provided to 14 Gram Panchayat in Dist. Kolhapur & Sangli.
- Psycho social training given to the 2000 students & through the TOT 40 trainer developed in Dist Kolhapur & Sangli.
- Disaster kits distributed School kits-107, Hygiene kit-200, House Items-200 with the support of the Eton Company Climax Engineering, Ghatage Patil Industries, Menon Alkop, Shree Spherotech Pvt. Ltd. SUN Auto Component,, Shimukade Engineering Pvt. Ltd, EnGenius Metals Pvt.Ltd, S.S. Industries, Khare Engineering etc.
- COVID-19 response Family kits total 929 distributed to the Tribal, Daily wages, Domestic workers women, Labour, Construction worker, Auto drivers and Maid, Bricks Klin workers, Labour farmers, Landless,, Daily wages workers, supported by UWM, implemented by ASVSS in Thane, Bhiwandi and New Mumbai. The Family Essentials Kits contained :[Wheat flour, Toor Daal, Moong Dal, Cooking Oil, Salt, Sugar, Bathing Soap, Washing Soap, Sanitary pads, phenyl, Tea, Liquid soap in Dec. 2020
- Setup Community kitchen during COVID-19 Phase-1 at Dongargaon , providing cooked meal to the needy people in the village through volunteers from 3rd April 2020 to 20th June 2020, a total of 27560 cooked food meals were delivered to 302 needy people in 10 villages. During the lockdown, rations were supplied to 360 families from 16 villages in Sangola Taluka, including 222 women-centric families. Cooperation from local level activists, government and administration level made the process successful.